COVID-19 has been an unprecedented time in our country’s history. Never before have businesses been required to shutdown, nor have face masks been recommended for the general population. We have been getting numerous questions about the current status of Merit Hearing, so we wanted to publish a COVID-19 update.
Most importantly: we are open
We are currently open by appointment only. Please contact us to schedule an appointment.
We are scheduling both new and existing patients. All normal services are available:
- Hearing aid checks
- Aural rehabilitation
- Hearing aid repairs
- Tinnitus management
- Hearing tests
- Cerumen (earwax) removal
- Hearing aid fittings and orientations
- Hearing aid assessments
- Comprehensive audiometric evaluations
- Hearing aid supplies (batteries, wax filters, dome tips, and more available in-person or online)
- Ear impressions
Changes due to covid-19
- Masks are required for all employees and patients entering the office. If you are unable to wear a mask, please let us know when you schedule your appointment so we can formulate an appropriate solution.
- Contact-less, curbside services now available. Whenever possible, we are servicing hearing aids while our patients wait safely in their cars. Full hearing evaluations, hearing aid repairs, hearing aid fittings, and hearing aid checks are some of the services that can be completed via drive-up service. Simply call us when you arrive in the parking lot, and one of our staff members will come out to your car.
- Mail-in hearing aid repairs are also available. Patients can mail their hearing aids directly to our clinic, where we will service them for you. Once completed, we can mail the hearing aids back to the patient’s home. For in-warranty manufacturer repairs, we can provide you with a shipping label and a repair form, so you can mail your hearing aids to the manufacturer without leaving your home. In many cases, the manufacturer can drop-ship the repaired devices directly back to the patient, which gets the hearing aids back to you faster.
- We now have an online store. To re-order hearing aid supplies such as batteries, wax filters, or dome tips, please order online so the supplies can be shipped right to your door.
- For some types of hearing aids, adjustments can be made remotely. Schedule a virtual appointment with one of our audiologists and they can adjust your hearing aids without you needing to leave the comfort of your home.
We will post another COVID-19 update when necessary to keep our patients up-to-date. If you have any questions or concerns; or if you would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us.