ReSound is part of The GN Group and has been in the hearing aid industry since 1943. They were the first to deliver 2.4 GHz technology in hearing aids, which allowed for direct connectivity. They also created the first Made-For-Apple hearing aids with direct stereo sound streaming. ReSound is an industry leader and serves patients in over 80 countries.
In August of 2020, ReSound released their new technology platform — ONE. ONE hearing aids are a Microphone & Receiver-In-Ear (M&RIE) type of hearing aid. These are the first hearing aids available in this new class. The M&RIE design provides more depth and direction to sounds by using your unique ear shape to collect sound. This results in more natural sound quality.
ONE hearing aids are available as a rechargeable or non-rechargeable device, depending on patient lifestyle and preferences. Patients who choose the rechargeable option will have a choice between a standard or a premium charger.
These hearing aids are appropriate for mild, moderate, and severe hearing losses.
- All Access Directionality — Based on your environment, the hearing aids will automatically adjust the directional microphone patterns to allow you to hear what’s most important.
- Ultra Focus — When you need to hear a speaker who’s directly in front of you, turn on Ultra Focus. This feature focuses both hearing aids on the speech in front of you to provide up to a 30% improvement in speech comprehension. Ultra Focus is only available in level 9 technology, and requires the use of two hearing aids.
- M&RIE Design — A third microphone that sits inside the ear canal provides more depth and directionality to the listener. The M&RIE technology is only available in level 7 and 9.
- ReSound Live Assist — Connect with your audiologist without leaving home. You can set-up video calls with your audiologist or request remote adjustments at any time.
- ReSound Smart 3D App — Quickly adjust your hearing aids using the Smart 3D app on your iPhone or Android. You can also stream phone calls and audio directly into your hearing aids from your smartphone.
- Two Charger Options:
- Standard — ReSound ONE offers industry-leading rechargeability with up to 30 hours of power or up to 25 hours with unlimited streaming – all with a single 3-hour charge.
- Premium — The Premium Charger includes an onboard battery for up to 90 hours of portable charging, without the need for a power outlet.
- Mute Button — There is a new button function capability, which allows you to mute the hearing aids with one click.
- New Colors — 8 new color options are available to choose from.
- Visibility — ONE hearing aids are only available with a component that sits behind the ear. For patients who prefer hearing aids that fit completely inside the ear, these may not be the right choice for you. The behind-the-ear piece can make wearing them with glasses and face masks challenging.
- Compatibility — ONE hearing aids have all new dome tips, filters, and receivers. So, if you have any of these supplies from a previous generation ReSound device, they will not work with ONE hearing aids.
- Profound hearing losses — Not all ONE hearing aids are suitable for patients with profound hearing loss.
- Technology Levels 3 and 5 — Lower technology levels do not have access to M&RIE or Ultra Focus features.
ReSound ONE hearing aid Prices
The price for these hearing aids through Merit Hearing is shown below. The price listed includes the hearing aid(s), the fitting and orientation, and 1 year of follow-up service.
|Model||Battery||One Device||Two Devices|
Rechargeable models have the price of one STANDARD charger included.
Curious how much other ReSound hearing aids cost? Click here to see pricing for other types of ReSound hearing aids.
Interested in a different brand? Click here to see pricing for other hearing aid manufacturers.
This blog post was the third of our “Product Spotlight” series. Check back for our next installment to continue learning about available hearing aid technology!