Starkey is another major hearing aid manufacturer in the world. They operate over 25 facilities across 6 continents. Their business began as a hearing aid repair shop which expanded to the hearing aid manufacturer we know today. Starkey created the first ever in-canal hearing aid, the first CIC hearing aid, the first hearing aid with nanotechnology, and the first real-ear measurement integrated directly into a hearing device.
Starkey prides themselves on innovation. The Starkey Hearing Research Center in California is continually exploring to find the medical and technological breakthroughs of the future.
The latest technology available from Starkey is the new Livio Edge AI hearing aids. These hearing aids were released in 2020 and are rich in innovation.
Livio Edge AI hearing aids utilize artificial intelligence to provide the wearer with instantaneous adjustments. This assists the wearer in the most challenging listening environments. The wearer just taps the hearing aid, and the AI inside the devices scans the environment and makes changes on the spot. This helps you hear when you need it most.
The Livio Edge AI hearing aids are available in a wide variety of options. They can be ordered in receiver-in-canal (RIC), in-the-canal (ITC), in-the-ear (ITE), behind-the-ear (BTE), or micro-RIC styles. Rechargeable and battery options are also available. Starkey Livio AI hearing aids are the world’s first hearing aids to offer a rechargeable custom hearing aid option.
Livio Edge AI hearing aids are appropriate for mild, moderate, and severe hearing losses.
- Edge Mode — Instantly conduct an artificial intelligence-based analysis of the listening environment to make immediate adjustments by tapping the hearing aid.
- Feedback Control — Livio Edge AI hearing aids feature a best-in-class comprehensive feedback management system.
- Speech Optimization — They utilize compression technology to combine speech audibility and overall comfort.
- Quiet — They feature reduced circuit noise to provide a better listening experience regardless of the level of background noise.
- Wind — Livio Edge AI hearing aids are specially programmed to reduce wind noise.
- Surface Nanoshield — All pieces of the hearing aid are coated with Surface Nanoshield to repel moisture and wax. This improves reliability and durability.
- Frequency Lowering — High-frequency speech cues are identified and replicated in lower frequencies to enhance real-time audibility.
- Music Enhancement — They contain a dedicated music compressor designed to have a more dynamic input and a broader frequency response.
- Tinnitus Technology — Livio Edge AI hearing aids contain a patent-pending tinnitus solution designed with personalization and flexibility in mind.
- Body and Brain Tracking — These hearing aids can track steps and movement and hearing aid use and engagement. These features can assist with increasing activity and encouraging more social interaction.
- Fall Detection and Alerts — For older patients who want to stay independent, give your family peace of mind with fall detection alerts.
- Thrive App — Use bluetooth to change your hearing aid settings, adjust the volume, and stream music or phone calls with your Smartphone.
- Translation — Use the Thrive app to select the language you need to translate. When the other person speaks, the app will translate their speech and display it on your phone and stream the translated text into your hearing aids. When you speak, your words will be translated and displayed on your screen for the other person to read.
- Visibility — Most likely due to the amount of technology packed into the Livio Edge AI hearing aids, they are not as small as some other hearing aid options. They are not available in an invisible, completely in-the-ear style. So, if having the most discrete hearing aids available is important, these may not be the right choice for you.
- Cost — Livio Edge AI hearing aids are some of the most expensive hearing aids on the market. You will need to decide how important the additional features are to you. Then, you will need to decide if they warrant the increase in price.
Starkey Livio Edge AI Price
The Livio Edge AI hearing aids are only available in the 2400 level. This is the highest available technology level from Starkey. The price for these hearing aids through Merit Hearing is shown below. The price listed includes the hearing aid(s), the fitting and orientation, and 1 year of follow-up service.
|Style||One Device||Two Devices|
|Livio Edge AI Rechargeable||$2,634||$4,968|
|Livio Edge AI 312||$2,634||$4,968|
|Livio Edge AI microRIC||$2,634||$4,968|
|Livio Edge AI BTE 13||$2,634||$4,968|
|Livio Edge AI Custom Rechargeable||$2,634||$4,968|
Curious how much other Starkey hearing aids cost? Click here to see pricing for other types of Starkey hearing aids.
Interested in a different brand? Click here to see pricing for other hearing aid manufacturers.
This blog post was the second of our “Product Spotlight” series. Check back for our next installment to continue learning about available hearing aid technology.