Widex is based out of Denmark and focuses on designing, developing, and manufacturing industry-leading digital hearing aids. They are one of “The Big Six,” which is the group of the largest hearing aid manufacturers in the world.
Widex is committed to developing hearing aids that produce the most pure, natural sounds possible. Their company vision is to give people unlimited access to a world of sound by providing perfect hearing.
The latest technology available from Widex is the new Moment line of hearing aids. These hearing aids were released in August 2020 and come in 6 different varieties. Three in-the-ear styles and three behind-the-ear styles provide patients with the ability to choose the best option for their specific hearing loss and personal preferences. These options include the smallest rechargeable lithium-ion receiver-in-canal device on the market.
Moment hearing aids boast to provide the most natural sound ever. The new ZeroDelay and PureSound technologies provide your audiologist with more customization abilities which can make a difference in wearers’ real-life hearing experiences.
Widex Moment hearing aids are appropriate for mild, moderate, and severe hearing losses.
Some of the features listed below are not available in every technology level.
- PureSound with ZeroDelay technology – Widex Moment hearing aids process sound faster than ever, which significantly reduces delay-based sound distortion. The resulting sound is called “PureSound.”
- TruAcoustics with Personal Gain Integrator – This allows your audiologist to take your unique ear anatomy into consideration when programming your hearing aids. It provides more customization and helps to make your own voice sound normal.
- SoundSense Adapt – Artificial intelligence technology allows the hearing aids to “learn” the wearer’s preferences. Over time, the hearing aids will automatically adjust to make sounds more audible or comfortable based on user preferences.
- Noise Reduction – This feature helps you hear better in environments with significant background noise.
- True Input Technology – This technology reduces sound distortion when in high-volume environments which ultimately provides more natural sound quality.
- Directional Focus – Choose to focus on sounds coming from the front, left, or right with your smartphone.
- Reverse Focus Program – This program allows the wearer to focus on hearing sounds from behind. For example, when listening to someone sitting in back seat of the car.
- Nano Coating – Water-resistant nano coating reduces the risk of moisture damage and corrosion.
- Widex Moment App – mRIC RD and RIC 312 D styles utilize the new Widex Moment app. Control volume, streaming, programs, and more with ease. Moment hearing aids are “Made for iPhone” and have excellent compatibility with Apple smartphones. There is also Apple Watch compatibility. Note: other styles will still utilize the ToneLink app rather than the Widex Moment app.
- Remote Care – Moment hearing aids are compatible with remote care if your audiologist has the correct equipment. This means that your hearing care provider can make adjustments to your devices without a trip to the office.
- Color options – Widex Moment hearing aids are available in a wider variety of color options than most other hearing aids. You won’t find pink, turquoise, or red very often!
- “The Widex Sound” — Indisputably, Widex hearing aids provide a different sound to wearers than other brands of hearing aids. Our patients tend to either love it or hate it. Patients who have been wearing a different brand of hearing aids may have difficulty adjusting to the sound of Widex Moment hearing aids.
- Price – Even the lowest technology level costs over $2,400 for a pair, which is unaffordable for many.
- Charging Case – The mRIC RD rechargeable styles come with a charging case. However, when the hearing aids are inside, there is no lid to secure the hearing aids into place. This can be inconvenient when traveling. The charging case also does not include an on-board battery, which other companies have implemented. This means that the charging case must be plugged in for the hearing aids to charge.
Widex Moment Hearing Aids Price
The price for Widex Moment hearing aids through Merit Hearing is shown below. The price listed includes the hearing aid(s), the fitting and orientation, and 1 year of follow-up service at our clinic.
|Model||One Device||Two Devices|
|Moment mRIC 440||$2,105|
|Moment mRIC 330||$1,830|
|Moment mRIC 220||$1,604||$2,908|
All Widex Moment hearing aids come with a 3-year manufacturer warranty.
Curious how much other Widex hearing aids cost? Click here to see pricing for other types of Widex hearing aids.
Interested in a different brand? Click here to see pricing for other hearing aid manufacturers.
This blog post was the fourth of our “Product Spotlight” series. Check back for our next installment to continue learning about available hearing aid technology.